Arm Reduction Surgery for saggy upper arms – Melbourne Plastic Surgeon
Helping to restore youthful, toned contours to your arms, Mr. Richard Maxwell is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon, specialises in arm lift or upper arm reduction surgeries at his Melbourne practice.
Also known as ‘brachioplasty’, this procedure may be of benefit to you if you are self-conscious about the presence of excessive fat and/or redundant skin in the upper arms due to:
- Normal ageing process
- Post weight loss results
- Overweight condition
Arm Lift Surgery (Brachioplasty) Before & After Photos
What’s it like to have smaller, firmer upper arm skin after brachioplasty (arm reduction) arm lift surgery?
Upon successful post-surgery results, even simple things, like wearing a short sleeved or sleeveless top, or participating in social or exercise activities without worrying about your upper arm ‘flaps,’ can do wonders for your self-confidence and sense of fashion freedom.
“I love wearing different types of blouses now, and am definitely more comfortable in summer no longer wearing short sleeved shirts” is a common sentiment of Plastic Surgery patients who have chosen to have an upper arm reduction or “arm lift” procedure.
Mr Maxwell is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon who is dedicated to getting minimal scarring (using particular incision placement and suture methods to get ‘skinny scars’ as well as post-op scar healing protocols to help the incisions heal and minimise the scars, e.g. methods that might include Healite II after surgery).
He has performed numerous Brachioplasty procedure and other body lift, breast lift and breast reduction procedures on men and women who have wanted to re-contour their breasts, bodies and arms.
He is also a facial rejuvenation Surgeon for facelift surgery, eyelid rejuvenation surgery (eyelid lifts or Blepharoplasty surgery) and cosmetic injections such as dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle injections (usually through his team at Coco Ruby).
You can also ask about his Rhinoplasty surgery expertise for nose reshaping or his skin reduction surgeries for post-weight loss patients and Bariatric patients who have overcome obesity through lifestyle changes and losing weight.
Contact us on (03) 8849 1462 to schedule a personal consultation with Mr. Maxwell for further discussion on how an arm lift may be of benefit to you.
Brachioplasty patients naturally would like the scar to be restricted to the armpit, leaving a trim, more youthful arm and a small hidden scar. The unfortunate reality is that only the smallest amount of arm skin can be removed in this way and for optimal results, the only effective solution is to make an incision all the way down the inner aspect of the arm to the elbow.
- If the skin excess extends past the armpit and onto the chest wall then the excision is extended to incorporate this.
- Excess fat in the arms is treated by liposuction – In this case, a suction drain may be used for 24 hrs and compression will be applied.
The patient is discharged on the second post-operative day.
For smooth and speedy healing post-surgery, Mr. Maxwell will provide you with comprehensive aftercare advice and factors to be aware of during the recovery period including:
- Arms are kept elevated on pillows for the first few nights after the surgery
- Limit arm movements for the first week
- The surgical scar for arm lifts is not in a favourable anatomical location and tends to be red for several months (even up to 6 – 12 months post-op). Thereafter the scar settles down nicely.
- A scar revision will be performed if the scar becomes tight, producing discomfort on stretching the arm above the head
- The procedure may need to be revised after 12 – 24 months due to recurrence of skin laxity as a result of continued ageing and natural relaxation of the tissues.
Schedule an arm lift consultation with Mr. Maxwell
To learn more about the results you can expect to achieve with an arm lift, fill in the form to your right to schedule an appointment at one of our Melbourne practices today.
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
• Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
• A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
• Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $250)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
• Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
• Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
• Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
• Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
• Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
• Attend our Regular Practice EVENT (FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
• Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
• Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
• Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon(s) or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.