Thigh Lift Surgery in Melbourne, VIC
Mr Maxwell specialises in thigh lift (thigh reduction) surgery. The inner thighs are particularly susceptible to loose, drooping skin due to:
- Weight loss
- Natural ageing process
- Excess that is very resistant to diet and exercise
This excess tissue can rub together when walking, causing unnecessary discomfort. At Maxwell Plastic surgery, the inner thigh lift, in most cases assisted by liposuction, will successively help you achieve smoother, shapelier and much younger-looking thighs which will no longer rub together.
Inner thigh lift candidates need to be in good overall health and should avoid smoking for at least four weeks prior to the procedure. People who plan on losing a significant amount of weight may be advised to wait until they reach their target weight before undergoing treatment.
The inner thigh lift is performed through a T-shaped incision made at the top of the thigh near the pubic area. The top of the T runs from the groin, across the top of the inner thigh and into the buttock fold at the back. The incision almost invariably extends down the inner aspect of the thigh, often as far as the knee. More and more, the cross part of the â€œTâ€ is omitted, leaving a vertical scar down the inside of the leg.
- Depending on the case, liposuction is often required
- Early mobilisation is critical
- Suction drains may be used and are removed prior to discharge on the second post-operative day.
- A compression garment is worn for 4 – 6 weeks if a significant amount of liposuction has been performed.
Detailed instructions are provided for patients to follow during the recovery period, expediting the healing process. Due to its anatomical position, the vertical scar down the thigh is not in a ‘favourable’ skin line and therefore may remain pink and visible for some months before settling into a barely visible pale scar.
- After the inner thigh lift, patients need to rest for approximately 2 weeks before returning to work.
- Slow healing at the skin T-junction deep in the groin is very common. Patients are naturally alarmed if this occurs, but the area heals reliably with simple dressings over 2 weeks.
- If the incision extends all the way to the knee, fluid occasionally collects at this site due to the interruption of lymphatic channels. This is called a ‘lymphocoele’ – The fluid collection is drained painlessly in the rooms, usually on two or three occasions before it resolves spontaneously. On rare occasions, the lymphocoele may persist and require re-operation to tie off the leaking lymphatic channels.
Mr. Maxwell has helped many patients achieve the smooth, shapely thighs that they desire. For more information about the inner thigh lift, please contact our Melbourne practice today on (03) 8849 1462 or simply fill in the form to your right.
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
• Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
• A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
• Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $250)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
• Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
• Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
• Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
• Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
• Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
• Attend our Regular Practice EVENT (FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
• Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
• Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
• Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon(s) or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.