Breast Reconstruction Surgery (mastectomy)
Our Breast Reconstruction Specialist Surgeon operates at accredited major hospitals in Melbourne using only experienced anaesthetists and a top team of surgical support staff.
About Natural Tissue Breast Reconstruction
Your own tissue is used in this operation to reconstruct a new breast. Tissue is taken from the back or ‘Tummy Tuck‘ region and no synthetic prostheses or expanders are necessary. Natural tissue breast reconstruction surgery can either be performed at the time of mastectomy or as a delayed reconstruction when body healing is normal usually after cancer treatment. (i.e. after chemotherapy or radiotherapy has finished).
There are many benefits to using your own Natural Tissue for Breast Reconstruction?
Your ‘new’ breasts are soft, with a natural curve, be of normal weight and body temperature. This new body image has major psychological benefits compared to mastectomy. Confidence and self-esteem improves in all aspects of life, including things like sport and sex lift to wearing normal clothes.
Breast Reconstruction is a surgery that may be requested after breast trauma such as have a Mastectomy after Breast Cancer. If you have any further questions on this, call us on (03) 8849 1400.
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1400 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $250)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice EVENT (FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dr or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1400 during Clinic Hours.