Breast Lift Surgeon in Melbourne, VIC
One of the most popular breast procedures is a Breast Lift (also known as ‘mastopexy’). This will restore firmness to the breasts and lift them to a higher, more youthful position. This is an excellent solution for women whose breasts are experiencing loss of shape or elasticity due to:
- Natural ageing process
- Pregnancy & Breast feeding
- Weight loss
- Age or gravity
- Significant drooping after weight loss or pregnancy
- Over-stretched or enlarged nipples from breastfeeding
- Sagging cleavage or stretched-out looking breast skin
- Loss of having firm, full breasts
Breast Lift or Breast Mastopexy
A breast lift is a popular method of rejuvenating the appearance of the breasts and aerola complex (nipple area).
- This surgery can get you the firmer breast look you desire or youthful “perkier” elevated breast contours.
- You can get your breasts looking their best again with a Mastopexy without breast implants (a breast lift without Augmentation) as long as your quite satisfied with the current volume of your breast size.
- For most women who want to remedy breast sagging or droopy breasts, this is the best choice, but one of our top Breast Specialist Surgeons can help you understand the measurements and vectors that are considered in custom-designing YOUR Breast Lift Surgery and cosmetic surgery.
- Remember, all patients are unique and results can vary from patient to patient.
- The patient age of surgery can vary widely also – some women want a lift in their 30’s or 40s after having children, others have one in their 50s. It’s entirely up to you although there are benefits to having the surgery when you’re younger and healthier as it can help to have good skin health and skin strength (resiliency) to heal.
- If you’re breasts have only VERY MINOR sagging, another option MIGHT be the breast implants without a lift, but you want to consider the long term results of both procedures and speak to your surgeon before deciding what’s best for the outcomes you seek.
For women with larger breasts you may experience a benefit from a breast reduction, which provides a lift as well to achieve the best result.
Women with smaller breasts may want to consider a breast augmentation in conjunction with the breast lift as this procedure may be more suitable for those interested in restoring or increasing the volume of their breasts along with returning them to a higher more youthful position.
For more information on how a breast lift can give you firm, shapely breasts once again, please fill out the online contact form to your right or call Specialist Plastic Surgeon Mr. Richard Maxwell on (03) 8849 1462 to schedule a consultation.
Are there Different Types of Breast Lift?
The best type of Breast Lift for you is determined by the degree of ptosis (sagging or droopiness) of your breasts.
The types of breast lift procedures include:
Crescent Breast Lift
During this surgery, your surgeon will remove a crescent shaped piece of tissue above your areola before he raises your nipple to a higher position.
Benelli Breast Lift
The Benelli breast lift is the perfect solution for those looking to create moderate firming, lifting and shaping of the breasts without adding additional volume.
Vertical Mastopexy Breast Lift
A vertical breast reduction is a variation that uses a full-thickness medial pedicle for nipple circulation and breast shaping and resection of a vertical (not horizontal) wedge of tissue to improve the initial result and provide a long-lasting shape.
Full Mastopexy Breast Lift
Also known as a anchor lift or the Inverted-T breast lift procedure, an anchor-shaped incision will be made. It typically starts at the base of your areola and travels to the bottom of your breast where it meets your ribcage. The surgeon will cut out a crescent-shaped piece of skin above where your breast meets your rib cage. He will then remove and re-position your nipple so that is sits in a more youthful position.
Breast Lift Surgery in Melbourne
Let us support you through your surgical journey
There are many reasons a woman might decide to undergo breast surgery. With over 18 years of cosmetic surgery experience, Mr. Richard Maxwell prides himself on being able to help patients achieve their surgical goals. Some of the reasons to have a breast lift may include:
- Enjoy increased self-confidence
- Enhance the comfort and quality of your life
- Mummy makeover
- After pregnancy
- Breast asymmetry
- Breast shape
- Weight loss
Mr. Maxwell, a leading breast surgeon in Melbourne, can consult on and perform:
Only the most advanced surgical techniques are employed in any cosmetic breast procedure. To assist you in making a fully informed decision about your treatment options, Mr. Maxwell will advise and educate you on the available procedures and their likely outcomes.
With two offices located in Melbourne, Hawthorn East and Williamstown, contact us for more information on any of our breast surgery procedures today.
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $250)
Visit our FAQs pages, learn more about your procedure, have a look at the photo Galleries and patient reviews
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
- Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
- Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
- Attend our Regular Practice EVENTS (FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
- Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.