Cosmetic Surgery – How do I make the right decision?
The decision to undergo cosmetic surgery can have a substantial effect on an individual’s life. In addition to the enhancements to his or her physical appearance, an individual may enjoy a wider range of activities and have greater confidence in interacting with others after treatment. If you are thinking about undergoing cosmetic surgery in the Melbourne area, Mr. Richard Maxwell can provide you with the information that you need to make a fully-informed decision.
Deciding to Undergoing Cosmetic Surgery
The decision to undergo a cosmetic surgical procedure should not be made without considerable thought. During a consultation prior to your operation, Mr. Maxwell will discuss the benefits as well as the risks of the procedure. It is important to understand that all surgical procedures carry with them some level of risk and complications do happen so you need to be fully informed.
Deciding on a Cosmetic Surgeon
Because undergoing cosmetic surgery is such an important decision, it is important to select a qualified specialist cosmetic plastic surgeon who has done the rigorous minimum eight years of post-graduate training to become a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons in Plastic Surgery. Also, you should make sure that you choose a surgeon with whom you feel comfortable, and who gives you the time and attention you deserve.
In addition to being a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS), Mr. Maxwell is also a Member of the The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), an International Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS) and the International Society of Plastic and Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (I.P.R.A.S.). Mr. Maxwell has more than 20 years’ experience in helping patients transform their appearance and enhance their lives through cosmetic surgery.
Which Procedure Is Right for You
Some individuals have specific goals which they want to address and know exactly which cosmetic surgery procedure they desire. Others may wish to explore a range of possibilities for aesthetic enhancement. In all cases, Mr. Maxwell will advise you as to which procedures are most likely to meet your individual needs.
Whether you are interested in Liposuction to get rid of stubborn fat deposits or a Thigh Lift, Arm Reduction or Tummy Tuck procedure to improve your body contours, Mr. Maxwell can help you achieve a trimmer, younger-looking physique. Likewise the facial effects of ageing can be dramatically improved by such procedures as Facelift, Brow Lift, Necklift, and Eyelid Surgery. Cosmetic Nasal Surgery (Rhinoplasty) can also greatly enhance the facial aesthetics, as can the Correction of Prominent (‘Bat’) Ears.
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
• Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
• A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
• Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $200)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
• Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
• Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
• Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
• Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
• Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
• Attend our Regular Practice EVENTS (FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
• Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
• Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
• Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon(s) or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.