Upper Eyelid Surgery Melbourne.
Over time, the ageing process can cause the upper eyelids to droop and sag as loose skin develops and fatty tissue begins to bulge forwards. Sometimes there is so much loose skin that it hangs over the lashes, partially obscuring the field of vision. Mr. Maxwell performs upper eyelid surgery as a hospital day stay procedure.
The first step in the procedure is to trim away the excess skin. Bulging fat is then removed or restored to its proper place behind the eyelid. The eyelid skin is then closed with a running suture which is removed five days later. The corrugator muscles which cause the frown lines between the eyebrows can be removed during upper blepharoplasty to permanently eliminate these lines. This is an alternative to injections of muscle paralysing agents which need to be repeated every 4 to 6 months.
Mr Maxwell also performs Lower Eyelid Surgery.
Before and after Upper Eyelid Surgery
Blepharoplasty procedures for droopy upper eyelids and baggy eyes: procedures for anti-ageing & eyelid lifts to enhance the appearance of your eyes
Are you a Candidate for Upper Eyelid Surgery?
Do you suffer from:
- Droopy eyelids?
- Under eye bags?
- Puffy eyelids?
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles?
- Impaired vision due to drooping upper eyelids?
- Ageing around the eyes?
Blepharoplasty Procedures – Upper Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery is one of the most commonly requested surgeries for reducing the signs of premature ageing, dropping eyelids and under “eye bags.”
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
• Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
• A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
• Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $250)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
• Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
• Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
• Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
• Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
• Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
• Attend our Regular Practice EVENT (FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
• Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
• Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
• Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon(s) or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.