A browlift is performed to restore sagging eyebrows to their youthful shape and position, as well as to remove horizontal wrinkles from the forehead and ‘frown lines’ from the area between the eyebrows (the ‘glabella’).
The classical browlift gives the best results but entails a scar hidden in the hair passing across from above one ear to the other and unavoidably produces numbness of the central scalp behind the scar. Over recent years less invasive procedures such as the endoscopic brow lift and the lateral temporal lift, which elevates the drooping outer third of the eyebrows, have become very popular. The lateral temporal lift can be performed as a rooms procedure. Wrinkle-reducing injections and fillers are also used to achieve the optimum result.
NB: In women with a high forehead, and in the majority of men, the incision is made at the hairline to prevent the height of the forehead being further increased.
Are you an ideal candidate for a browlift Surgery?
Learn more about your best options by scheduling a consultation by phone (03) 8849 1462 during our Clinic Hours.
Browlifts are popular for all genders
As we age, we lose elasticity in the tissues of our face. One consequence of this loss of elasticity is a descent or drooping of the brow.
Sometimes a Blepharoplasty might be the best procedure for sagging eyelids or eyelid ptosis, but for ‘droopy brow’ cases, a browlift procedure may be the most appropriate strategy to rejuvenate the face.
If you’re always looking in the mirror, or holding up your eyebrows or eyelids to see what they would look like after an eyelid or browlift, then maybe this is for you.
Our experienced Plastic Surgeon Mr Richard Maxwell can help you to:
- refine your brow area
- lift sagging eyelids, and under eye bags
- treat hyper-pigmentation like age spots and sun damage
- smooth and reduce wrinkles and lines on your forehead, your lips, cheeks, chin and eyes
- reduce signs of ageing such as sun-damage and capillaries
- remove skin lesions with minimal scarring
Benefits of having a Surgical browlift
A browlift improves the position of the eyelids, restores the relationship between the eye and brow and improves the overall appearance of the face.
A drooping brow causes the appearance of fullness of the upper eyelids and the area of the brow immediately above the eye. For many patients this fullness is one of the main visual signals of ageing.
In these cases, a browlift may often be the most appropriate procedure to help rejuvenate the face.
A browlift helps improve the position of the eyelids and helps to restore the relationship between the eye and brow. A browlift can contribute to reducing the apparent age (or visible age) of the face — resulting in a pleasing, natural-looking rejuvenation effect when done by a highly-skilled Plastic Surgeon.
Browlift surgery is increasingly popular.
More people are seeking browlift surgeries, partially as a result of new techniques and technology that allow the use of endoscopes (small diameter, low power microscopes attached to tiny video cameras) through very small incisions. Advancing technologies help with surgical precision and with patient recovery, and your Surgeon will be happy to discuss all of your options with you to determine what will get you the best facial rejuvenation results for your specific appearance concerns.
Many patients who undergo facial surgery also choose complimentary skin rejuvenation procedures such as skin peels, laser treatments and other light technology methods such as Healite II, for a more complete rejuvenation effect. These technologies can help improve the overall appearance, skintone or smoothness of the skin itself, in terms of reducing sun spots, dry patches, ‘ageing spots’ and other areas of concern.
Complimentary Facial Procedures for browlift Surgery
There are a number of complementary procedures, surgical and non-surgical — that can be combined with browlift surgery. Again, it all depends on your appearance aims, your genetics, the degree of sun damage, and the overall condition of your skin.
These include the most commonly combined procedures with a Browlift:
- liposculpture or AFT (fat transfer) for more volume
- neck lift surgery for a ‘turkey neck’ (wobbly neck skin)
- upper and or lower eyelid lift surgery (blepharoplasty or a double eyelid lift)
- Fraxel laser skin resurfacing
- Skin peels
- Injectables wrinkle fillers
- Lip fillers for more enhancement lips
- chin augmentation
We suggest discussing your specific concerns and goals with Mr Richard Maxwell, Specialist Plastic Surgeon. He can guide you in a variety of anti-ageing options to get the level of skin and facial rejuvenation you are after.
Browlift Procedure Information – Melbourne
A series of 10-15mm long incisions are placed either along the hairline or in the hair covered skin of the scalp to gain access. An endoscope (mini video camera) is then used in conjunction with special instruments to separate the forehead soft tissue and skin from the underlying bone down to the level of the eyebrows.
The skin of the forehead and eyebrows is then lifted. After the lift the newly relocated skin and tissue is held in place with a series of stitches attached to the bone. These stitches eventually dissolve or are removed as part of your after-care. Your surgeon will be able to discuss different options with you.
After a browlift direct surgery on the upper eyelids is unnecessary. Sometimes the eyelids themselves are also loose issue, then, a Blephoraplasty may be called for alone or in combination with a Browlift.
Browlift surgery is often performed as a day procedure but an overnight arrangement in hospital is also an option.
NEXT STEPS for a Consultation
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
• Email us or Call on (03) 8849 1462 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
• A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
• Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (usually $250)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
• Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
• Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
Want more information before scheduling your Plastic Surgeon consultation?
• Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
• Book a Complimentary Nurse Consultation (FREE)
• Organise a phone call with Patient Advisor (FREE)
• Attend our Regular Practice EVENTS (FREE) – meet Surgeons, Patient Care Advisor and speak to other past patients
• Organise a Skype call consultation with a Surgeon (available for Interstate patients)
• Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
• Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon(s) or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone (03) 8849 1462 during Clinic Hours.